streetwiseaus.com.au is committed to complying with applicable privacy laws (including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which set clear standards relating to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of any personal information we obtain as part of our business operations.
streetwiseaus.com.au recognises the importance of privacy and our respect for our customers' and other individuals' right to privacy of their personal information is paramount. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled by us in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
• Our general policies relating to management of personal information;
• What sort of personal information we collect and the purposes for collection, how we use and disclose this information, and how we store this information; and
• How you can obtain access to and correct any personal information we hold about you.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal Information or personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We and our third-party service providers may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Information about you that we have grouped together as follows:
- IDENTITY INFORMATION includes name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, and gender.
- DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION includes zip code, age and/or income.
- CONTACT INFORMATION includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION includes bank account and payment card details.
- TRANSACTION INFORMATION includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology or other unique identifier (a set of numbers or characters that is assigned to your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you are on the Internet) (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Websites.
- PROFILE INFORMATION includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, product feedback, and survey responses.
- USAGE DATA includes information about how you use our Websites, products and services, including all of the areas within our Websites that you visit or use and the time of day you visited the Websites, among other information.
- MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INFORMATION includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- LOCATION INFORMATION includes information about your location using a variety of technologies, such as GPS, IP address, and connected or nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- USER CONTENT INFORMATION includes text (including questions, comments, and suggestions), pictures, audio, videos, or other content (collectively, "User Content") you share by participating and posting content publicly in reviews, interactive features, or other communication functionality (“Community Features”).
We do not collect any SPECIAL CATEGORIES of Personal Information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is personal information used and disclosed?
The personal information we collect may be provided on forms filled out by individuals (including when you sign up to 'My Account' on our website and when you agree to purchase products from us), when you visit our streetwiseaus.com.au website, email messages, or from third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact. We will collect personal information about you only from you where it is reasonable and practical to do so, or required by law.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with any products and services that depend on the collection of this information (particularly where our collection of this information is required by law).
The personal information we collect is confidential. Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with a better website experience, to provide products or services to you and to operate our business.
Some examples of when we may need to collect, use and disclose this information are in relation to property or supplier inquiries, for email newsletter registration, for providing customers with products and services, and for customer complaint handling.
Features and Functionality Provided by Third Parties; Third Party Terms
streetwiseaus.com.au do not routinely disclose personal information to any third parties. streetwiseaus.com.au will not use or disclose any personal information about you without your consent unless:
• required or authorised by law;
• we believe this is necessary to provide you with the products or services you have requested;
• it is necessary to implement our terms of service;
• it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of a streetwiseaus.com.au employee, another customer, or any member of the public.
How do we store personal information?
streetwiseaus.com.au will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we hold about you and keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy or electronically (including on secure servers in controlled facilities). streetwiseaus.com.au has security processes in place to protect personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The types of measures we take vary with the type of information and how it is collected and stored. We require our employees, agents, contractors and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Please note that streetwiseaus.com.au may use overseas facilities to process or back-up information and, as a result, we may transfer your personal information to these overseas facilities for storage. Moreover, if problems arise with the transmission or system handling of e-mails, administrators can analyse logs in order to resolve errors. The logs contain sender, recipient, subject and name/s of any attachment/s. The body text (i.e. contents) of the e-mail is not provided and cannot be seen by administrators. This on no account reduces our commitment to safeguard your privacy.
Access to and correction of your personal information
Upon your request, we will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances in which it is permitted by law for us to withhold this information). If you require access to your personal information, please contact us. Of course, before we provide you with access to your personal information, we will require some proof of identity. We will usually be able to respond to your request within 14 days.
streetwiseaus.com.au will take reasonable steps to correct any information which is found not to be accurate, complete or up-to-date. If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Problems, future changes, and more information
More information about privacy law is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.